Getting tired of being told to eat your veggies?!
I decided that I was and I decided to do something about it. I eat a salad every day (most days)! This is a daily habit that I started just a couple weeks ago and I am hooked. Now I don’t worry about getting enough greens. I know I do. It doesn’t matter if I eat my salad for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I just make sure I eat it!
Here are some helpful tips.
- 1. Mix several greens together like kale, spinach, arugula, or mixed lettuces.
- 2. Chop several raw veggies at the beginning of the week so they are ready.
- 3. Add a protein like legumes, meat, tofu, or egg.
- 4. Throw in a few seeds and nuts.
- 5. Dress simply (no oil) with either lemon juice or a flavored vinegar.
I also chop everything in small bite-sized pieces to make it easier to eat. I prepare everything on the weekend so all week long, it is quick and easy to have my salad. Enjoy!
Featured photo by Anna Pelzer on Unsplash.