Remember What is Important
The holiday season is approaching quickly – only 4 days left! I sometimes panic. Did I buy enough for each person? What if they don’t like their presents? Did I forget anyone? I have to remind myself to remember what is important about celebrating the holidays. For me, it is the people in my life and spending time with them. All the other stuff is just fluff.
This season, spend a quiet moment appreciating all you have in your life. Try to connect and share some time with the people that are important to you. In my home, I like to create space for us to relax and do things together. Here are some suggestions:
- Have a puzzle set up (with the frame done and the pieces sorted).
- Spread games out on the table.
- Bake some goodies or better yet, have a cookie decorating area
- Set up a drink station with punch, cider, or cocktails.
- Provide an easy craft like glitter glue and clear ornaments.
Having these different areas in your home where people can gather provides an opportunity for talking, sharing, and laughter. I have noticed that a puzzle is especially ideal for conversation because everyone is focused on the activity so it takes the pressure of the relationship.
Give these ideas a try! If you have other suggestions, I would love to hear all about them! I hope you have the most wonderful holiday celebration!
Featured photo by Reuben Teo on Unsplash.